Sunday, May 6, 2012

Water

Well, previous to discovering LFRV, I subscribed to the belief that one should not drown oneself with water. That we can get all the water we need from fruit. And that when our bodies wanted water, they would ask for it and you would feel thirsty.

Well, about 2 weeks ago, after watching some of FreeLee's videos on YouTube (which I reccommend you watch, too!), I decided I would try out a few of her suggestions. One of them is to drink a minimum of 3 litres of water per day.

Since then, I have been doing so - and in conjunction with eating as many sweet fruits as I can possibly manage in a day, I feel absolutely amazing; Like, waay more than before - and I was one of the happiest people I knew before this!

Drinking enough water and being fully hydrated makes you more energetic, more clear-headed, helps fight disease, helps regulize blood pressure, detoxifies the body (flushes out toxins), cuts risk of certain cancers, improves digestion (and helps with constipation. Haha), gives you softer skin... the list goes on!

However, in addition to drinking enough water, we also must do so correctly. You don't want to drink anything for 10-ish minutes before eating, and then for an hour or so afterwards. Otherwise, the water can/will dilute our stomach acids, making digestion slower and harder on the body.

I drink a litre of water before breakfast, then another between lunch and dinner, and one after dinner. In future, I plan on also drinking a litre between breakfast and lunch - but at the moment, I'm not sure I could handle that much.

So: Drink to your health! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment