Thursday, March 29, 2012

Untitled

An empty room.
Just me, him, and a mattress on the floor.
He shuts the door.
Flicks off the light...
I feel his large, warm hand on my back
Guiding me toward the bed.
His voice whispers sweet words
As downstairs, I hear the voices and laughter of my friends -
Still drinking and partying.
I feel his hot breath on my neck.
He plays with my shirt.
Fingers touch skin,
Sending jolts of apprehension
And confusion
Through me.
Can I do this?
His lips draw close to mine.
She broke up with me. I'm free to do what I want.
I turn my head away at the last moment.
I could never live with myself.
"I'm sorry," I whisper.
He pushes my hair from my face
And gently kisses my cheek.
Feels like the worst kind of betrayal.
I don't want to hurt her.
But I don't leave.
There is something comforting
In his strong arms around me.
Something reassuring
In being wanted badly enough that he stayed
And kept trying to seduce me.
I knew come morning,
This would be a regret.
But tonight,
It was what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment