Well. Dad didn't want to be adventurous and Joe wasn't hungry - so I actually just made dinner for Mom and I... but she loved it! (And so did I.)
Tonight, we dined upon a delicious Curry-Ginger-Lime Soup!
If you're craving a savory, flavorful, creamy, warm raw soup yourself, give this one a try!
The ingredients are as follows:
- 1 endive
- 2 c lettuce (I used romaine)
- 1 c warm water
- 2 Tbs fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp curry
- ½ avocado
- ½ cucumber
- 10 small dates (or 5 large)
I know, it's kind of a lot of ingredients. But it sure is good!
It's very easy to make, too - no worries!
- Chop dates and cucumber into small-ish chunks.
- Blend romaine & endive with warm water until smooth.
- Add ginger, lime, and curry. Blend again, just until mixed.
- Add avocado. Blend one last time.
- Pour into a bowl, mix in dates and cucumber, and enjoy!