Sunday, December 2, 2012

Curry-Ginger-Lime Soup

Tonight, I got to make dinner for the fam - and of course I wanted to give the people I love something yummy that would also nourish them, like all food should.

Well. Dad didn't want to be adventurous and Joe wasn't hungry - so I actually just made dinner for Mom and I... but she loved it! (And so did I.)

Tonight, we dined upon a delicious Curry-Ginger-Lime Soup!

If you're craving a savory, flavorful, creamy, warm raw soup yourself, give this one a try!

The ingredients are as follows:

  • 1 endive
  • 2 c lettuce (I used romaine)
  • 1 c warm water
  • 2 Tbs fresh ginger
  • 2 Tbs lime juice
  • 1 tsp curry
  • ½ avocado
  • ½ cucumber
  • 10 small dates (or 5 large)
I know, it's kind of a lot of ingredients. But it sure is good!

It's very easy to make, too - no worries! 
  1. Chop dates and cucumber into small-ish chunks.
  2. Blend romaine & endive with warm water until smooth.
  3. Add ginger, lime, and curry. Blend again, just until mixed.
  4. Add avocado. Blend one last time.
  5. Pour into a bowl, mix in dates and cucumber, and enjoy!
Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment