I love fruit, too. Fruit makes me feel awesome as well.
However - I don't know why, but - in the winter, I'm much more attracted to greens & savory foods. I normally eat greens with at least two of my meals in the winter, unlike in the summer, when I might have a some greens every few days.
To ensure I'm getting enough carbohydrates with my green soups and so that they are more satiating, I normally add some sweet dried fruit or dates to my soups.
Anyhow, my favorite way to eat greens is blended. It's less natural, I know - but I feel better afterwards, and enjoy eating blended greens over whole greens, generally.
For lunch, I like to have either a green smoothie or green soup.
Today, I made myself some nummy Creamy Dill Chowder Soup, and now I'm gonna share it with you.
- 1¼ cucumbers
- 1 c water
- 1 c fresh dill or 1Tbsp dried
- ½ c cilantro
- ½ c salad greens
- 1Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ avocado
- 1½ c corn kernels (one corn cob=about 1c corn kernels)
- 13 small dates (or 7 medjools)
- ½ tomato
- Blend 1 cucumber with water.
- Add dill, cilantro, salad greens, lemon. Blend again.
- Add scooped out avocado and blend one last time, until smooth.
- Chop dates and tomatos into chunks & slice ¼cucumber thin (like in photo to the right!)
- Pour soup into bowl. Mix in veggies & fruits.
(Sit cross-legged on a wooden floor while playing Jack Johnson as you eat for full effect.)