Sunday, January 27, 2013

Creamy Low Fat Raw Vegan Dill Chowder

Hi there! Yes, yes this is a new recipe. And yes, I realize pretty much all my recipes are green. I love greens, they make me feel awesome! (And they have a pretty overpowering color.)

I love fruit, too. Fruit makes me feel awesome as well.
However - I don't know why, but - in the winter, I'm much more attracted to greens & savory foods. I normally eat greens with at least two of my meals in the winter, unlike in the summer, when I might have a some greens every few days.

To ensure I'm getting enough carbohydrates with my green soups and so that they are more satiating, I normally add some sweet dried fruit or dates to my soups.

Anyhow, my favorite way to eat greens is blended. It's less natural, I know - but I feel better afterwards, and enjoy eating blended greens over whole greens, generally.

For lunch, I like to have either a green smoothie or green soup.

Today, I made myself some nummy Creamy Dill Chowder Soup, and now I'm gonna share it with you.

Ingredients

  • 1¼ cucumbers
  • 1 c water
  • 1 c fresh dill or 1Tbsp dried
  • ½ c cilantro
  • ½ c salad greens
  • 1Tbsp lemon juice
  • ½ avocado
  • 1½ c corn kernels (one corn cob=about 1c corn kernels)
  • 13 small dates (or 7 medjools)
  • ½ tomato
Easy Prep
  1. Blend 1 cucumber with water.
  2. Add dill, cilantro, salad greens, lemon. Blend again.
  3. Add scooped out avocado and blend one last time, until smooth.
  4. Chop dates and tomatos into chunks & slice ¼cucumber thin (like in photo to the right!)
  5. Pour soup into bowl. Mix in veggies & fruits.
  6. Enjoy!
(Sit cross-legged on a wooden floor while playing Jack Johnson as you eat for full effect.)

Peace! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm making this tonight without the avocado, I think it's going to be really tasty :)

    ReplyDelete